[CF-Devel] Various exp refinements.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Wed Sep 25 13:03:19 CDT 2002

On 25-Sep-02

     pc-crossfire at crowcastle.net

      wrote:

      If a player killing another player had no negative impact on the dead

      character, then when you get in trouble, have someone else kill you before

      the monster does.

If you can plan out having someone else kill you at the right time.. why
couldn't you have just avoided death?  I mean.. usually I don't know I'm doomed
long enough in advance to tell anyone a complex scheme of how they need to off
me.  Usually, it's a complete surprise, or preceeded by .5 seconds of panic.

However.. The idea of "you can slaughter eachother with no penalties" does
bring up a more evil thought.

Lets say I wanted to be a PITA to newbies.  So I run around following them, and
kill them back to the inn every time they step outside of town.  It doesn't
affect them.. just that they never get anywhere.  You could also kill someone
back to the inn who was doing an area you wanted to play in, to get them out of
the way.

Worse.. it might just turn into a free-for-all, with everyone treating the
whole world like one giant arena.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net