[CF-Devel] Various exp refinements.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Wed Sep 25 12:06:26 CDT 2002

On 25-Sep-02 Mark Wedel wrote:

        I'm uncertain what to do for the recipient of such attacks - its impossible

      seperate the accident death (eg, working as a party and wander in front of

      your

      friends lightning bolt, vs something malicious player killing).

People will probably hate me for suggesting this.. but why not make a config
variable that a DM can set, that makes players immune to one another's attacks,
including magic.  (if you wanted to keep the same flavor of the game, we could
allways allow one to be damaged by his own magic).

The rationale here is.. it's difficult for newer players to adventure together,
because they are allways stomping on one another.  Even just random encounters
between two newish players sometimes ends in one of them getting smooshed.  If
we make it less dangerous:

1)  Mages will have a better time working together with other players and not
being crippled.

2) It will encourage more grouping and whatnot.. which is the primary draw of a
multiplayer RPG.  It's not fun to hang out with other players if you are
constantly getting whacked in the head, or having your skin melted off.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS