[CF List] Player building (was Re: Castles and houses)

Juan Segarra jsegarraf at terra.es
Tue Sep 3 06:33:33 CDT 2002

Mark Wedel wrote:

      [...]

       If 'in map' design was really desirable, it would probably make more

      sense to add a facility for players to to be able to upload maps.

      [...]

I agree with this, and also think that creating things anywhere could be
quite chaotic. Even "unstable" if you get caugth on some maps without
exits or something like that.

I would prefer the initial idea of a castle. Why don't just use the
castle of scorn for that? A simple way could be, for example, moving the
hall of quests to the entrance of the castle stronhold (something like
the access to the port). Then, adding also grates, a guy could say
"people in scorn is looking for a new king, only who passes all the
quests will have that honour"... Thus, only "kings" could enter the
castle zone, and there could be constructed the "building area".

This could be an initial test for all this stuff.

--
Juan Segarra