[CF-Devel] two new small additions

Mon Aug 4 16:52:46 CDT 2003

On 04-Aug-03 Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Attacking or killing a non outlaw player gives you a point ONLY WHEN you

      are NOT peaceful.  Otherwise it is considered an accident.  If you have

      been killed by a sneaky peaceful fellow - call a DM to ajudicate.

I worry about this with ranged attacks.  It's quite simple for me to have
peaceful on and bombard players with fireballs, whereas a physical attack with
peaceful on is much more difficult.  (I did it once by accident while braced,
typing stay fire, going north, and having some dorf walk in front of me.)

With a forgive command, you can easily forgive your friend that you are
adventuring with, or forgive an accident.  We could just reference the
killed_by on the victim, or have a last_killed pointer for the killer.  If you
kill twice, well, I guess you just don't get forgiven.

And before anyone says this is too harsh, let us be reminded that if I was
standing in the street shooting RPG's down the block and you turned the corner
in your car and got hit, I'd probably be charged with a pretty serious crime.
:

     )  Yah.. I know.. just a game.  You have to admit though.. it's a pretty wonky

     concept to be able to walk around killing freindly barmaids all day and never
even draw an awkward glance.  :)

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net