[CF-Devel] Features suggestions: 'mail' box & blackboard

Fri Aug 8 13:07:41 CDT 2003

Le Vendredi 08 Août 2003 19:37, Nicolas Weeger a écrit :

      Hello.

      Here's a feature suggestion  to help trade/exchange items securely

      between players: some kind of mailbox.

      Each player gets one, only s/he can get the contents, but anyone can put

      things into.

      This way you can give securely an item to a player, even if s/he isn't

      around.

      I was thinking something like write down the player's name on something,

      then drop item you wanna transfer...

      Of course that would probably be some work to implement...

In fact there is already the imperial post office (IPO in map files) which
allow writing letters to other player.
I work like that:
ask for a letter to xyz
buy a pencil
write on the destinated scroll you just bought (scroll to xyz)
put in mailbox.
Player will be notified of incoming mail and can go to post office to get it.
Could be easily (i think) be extended to buy a chest for xyz and put the item
inside.
All this requires python plugin if am not wrong.

Perhaps you could ask mids to lend you Fido, The Great(tm)
cause it is seeking for mail delivery job

      And to complement that, something like a permanent blackboard where

      players could write things down, like 'seeking spellbook of something,

      paying 10k plat for it'.

      We could erase our own writings, but not others'

I think for that a forum based community would better fit (nicer look, easier
to fill down, does not need to interact with game rules core.
Have seen other games where it is possible to request object, or to propose
object to sell. The nice way is (in my mind) say on forum "i sell excalibur
for at least 1500 diamonds. I sell to highest bidder at august the 20 00h00
GMT"

      What do you think?

      Nicolas 'Ryo'

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com