[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-Devel] Features suggestions: 'mail' box & blackboard

Mon Aug 11 11:08:51 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 12:52:06PM +0200, tchize wrote:

      Yeah i agree, this perhaps is better Role playing if you can fool other player

      and steal them (well in fact the steal capacity is better combined with

      improved invisibility)

I'm suspecting you are ironic here. If you are not, then I agree with you.
Of course players should be able to steal and trick each other in a RPG!
How else to play a thief or trickster ? They should of course also use
common sense and not do this to newbies or to the same target over and
over again. Its a shame that players are so weak compared to how much
damage they can deal, otherwise PKing should be allowed at more servers
in my opinion. The other guild members can revenge your death and thus
scare wanna be player killers (and all the monsters line up at the guilds
to join... ;-). A really nice way to get more player to player
interaction, compared to shouted auctions and requests for help/items
IF one wants to participate in a virtual world and not just another
multi player game.

All "bad" player to player interactions can also be delt with quite
easily. If the players don't want it, write a line about it in the rules
document for the server. Ie:
"This CF server is a multi player game, not a virtual world.
The players are supposed to be friendly to each other and treat
each other with respect. That means, among other things:
No player killing, no stealing from other players and don't
lie or try to fool other players".

Does it have to be more complicated?

When players no longer can respect simple rules and can't understand
reminders from the DMs, then it might be time to deal with it through
code changes, but is this a problem yet? Its not like CF servers have
20 14 years old boys online that think they own the whole internet and
the rest of us are there to make them happy.

/Sebastian

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com