[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-Devel] Features suggestions: 'mail' box & blackboard

Mon Aug 11 10:06:35 CDT 2003

Le Lundi 11 Août 2003 18:08, Sebastian Andersson a écrit :

      On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 12:52:06PM +0200, tchize wrote:

      > Yeah i agree, this perhaps is better Role playing if you can fool other

      > player and steal them (well in fact the steal capacity is better combined

      > with improved invisibility)

      I'm suspecting you are ironic here. If you are not, then I agree with you.

was not

      Of course players should be able to steal and trick each other in a RPG!

      How else to play a thief or trickster ? They should of course also use

      common sense and not do this to newbies or to the same target over and

      over again. Its a shame that players are so weak compared to how much

      damage they can deal, otherwise PKing should be allowed at more servers

      in my opinion. The other guild members can revenge your death and thus

      scare wanna be player killers (and all the monsters line up at the guilds

      to join... ;-).

I remember a game where a guild decided as main rule kill all less than level
15 players, cause they deserve it.

     A really nice way to get more player to player

      interaction, compared to shouted auctions and requests for help/items

      IF one wants to participate in a virtual world and not just another

      multi player game.

      All "bad" player to player interactions can also be delt with quite

      easily. If the players don't want it, write a line about it in the rules

      document for the server. Ie:

      "This CF server is a multi player game, not a virtual world.

      The players are supposed to be friendly to each other and treat

      each other with respect. That means, among other things:

      No player killing, no stealing from other players and don't

      lie or try to fool other players".

      Does it have to be more complicated?

      When players no longer can respect simple rules and can't understand

      reminders from the DMs, then it might be time to deal with it through

      code changes, but is this a problem yet? Its not like CF servers have

      20 14 years old boys online that think they own the whole internet and

      the rest of us are there to make them happy.

what a pity, it's just so funny to kick such player as dm :P

      /Sebastian

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com