[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-Devel] Re: [CF-Devel] Patch submission: item renaming

Thu Aug 21 02:59:12 CDT 2003

(sorry for reply delay, didn't access a comp for some days)

       Correct.  However, for those command, the issue is simpler - there is

      only one object being activated in question.  Arguably, the rename

      command could work similar, something like

      rename 'chain mail' to 'my favorite armor'

       where the rename command looks for an item that matches 'chain

      mail'.  This probably makes more sense.

And for rename too only one object is taken into account...
I agree the 'rename <what> to <what>' makes more sense. I'll try to
implement that that way. But i will enforce the use of the ' to separate
names, even if you can use partial names of course :-)
Or use both syntaxes, based on the presence of ' or not
Hum, but would 'rename <what>' make sense to erase the custom name??
Else i can simply add some other command to erase the custom name...

       If your 100% keyboard prone, your using the text version of mark item

      which is doing the same matching.  If your using the mouse, then some

      better interface can be used (it can send the item tag for the object

      selected).

I try to be keyboard prone, yeah :-) (since it's easier for playing CF imo)
And as i said right now i don't feel like messing with the client (yet)

       For object custom names, you should be sure that the new name is only

      printable characters (no line feeds, newlines, etc).

Ok, pretty straightforward to check.
I'll fix my code & send some more patches when it's ready :-)

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com