[CF-Devel] Dragon claws & attack types

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Dec 25 15:53:16 CST 2003

       I'll put that back.  It just seems odd that something could attack with

      fire and cold at the some moment, but we'll ignore that detail.

       Going with the above thoughts about a 'dragon ability' type skill, one

      could see having the different attacktype skills broken apart.  Eg, if

      you want to fire claw something to death, you ready the fire clawing

      skill.  OTOH, that probably just makes it too much busy work on the part

      of the player to ready the different skill.

If we break down dragon ability, then i suggest some auto-selection for the
attack type, much like the arrow one is down - ie select automatically based on
monster's resistances.
OTOH, clawing is clawing, whether you add fire or cold to your claws.....

What could be done would be let a dragon use only one attacktype
(poison/fire/cold/electricity) at the same time, but select it automatically -
like, first attacks are poison to poison the opponent, then fire or cold or
electric based on the resistances.
This way you don't have all attacktypes at the same time as now, but you don't
force the player to switch between all modes.

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com