[CF-Devel] speculations about the floor (elevation)

Wed Jul 2 03:44:12 CDT 2003

 --- Todd <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca

     > wrote:

      sealevel.  If you have ever gone outside you know this is not the case.

I do a lot of bush walking B-).

      Elevation and LOS would be neat, but the visible map is pretty small for

      this to really pay off don't you think?

Maximum was 25 by 25 last time I checked, that gives you 12 tiles to the
"horizon".  Great views would be nice, but it would be more usefull at the
other end of the scale.  "I have to climb to the top of that hill a few
tiles away before I can see over it."

      I assumed it was ft not metres because of the scales shown, since some

      mountains would otherwise be 15, 20 or even 30 km high...

Mars is a much smaller planet than Earth, but it has much higher mountains
B-).  Everest is 9km high, Olympus Mons is 24km.  This link gives a quick
overview of why Mars can have mountains higher then Earth -

     http://www.asa3.org/archive/asa/199608/0047.html

Seems like the original elevation coder was thinking in feet though.  As
mentioned before, temperature is in metric, so we really should try to be a
bit more consistant, and document what the actual units are.

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com