[CF-Devel] invisible spells.

Tue Jul 8 02:38:39 CDT 2003

  I'm slowly working my way, converting the old spell stuff to spell objects.

  I got to invisibility, of which there are currently 3 varieties - invisible,
  invisible to undead, and improved invisible.  For the first 2, if you attack,
  the spell is lost.

  I was think that this could perhaps get abstracted more, eg, invisible
to kobolds, invisible to plants, etc.  Most likely, this would use
a field in the object to say what this makes one invisible against.

  The obvious question is whether this would seem that useful - currently,
the undead is a special case, because undead is not effected by normal
invisibility (this goes back to the case that thinks like skeletons
obviously don't have eyes, so sense creatures through some other means
than just light).

  Does anyone see much a need beyond undead/non undead invisibility?
As I type this up, I don't really see any, unless we add yet more
special cases of race/creatures that are immune to invisiblity, but
since I have typed this up, I figured I would send it out.

Given the code, it would be easy to make something like an 'improved
invisiblity to undead' any way that I go.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com