[CF-Devel] speculations about the floor (elevation)

Tue Jul 8 03:26:15 CDT 2003

 --- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

        I was never really happy with the north and south poles being at the

      corners.   IT just isn't that intuitive.  I can understand the reason

      (want the poles to be relative small areas).  but I also wonder if the

     map

      as given should be seen as covering the entire world, or just some part

     of

      it (eg, one of the continents in the northern hemisphere, for example,

      such that the equator is near the south edge of the map, and the north

      pole would effectively be a few hundred spaces still farther to the

     north)

Sounds good to me, as I said -

      > On the other hand, it would be good to make a decision, document it,

      > and stick to it, so that we are all on the same page.

To keep things interesting, we should ensure that there is a portion of the
map that is ice bound at least part of the year.  And let people walk on
the ice, at least until it melts...

        Do I expect new continents to be added?  Not really.  However, when

      putting down the towns/roads, I did put up signs which basically amounted

      to 1 space = 1 mile (eg, scorn, 764 miles north or something).  One could

      obviously make the case that a crossfire mile isn't the same as a human

      mile.

At least call them something different to avoid confusion.

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com