[CF-Devel] smoothing code.

Thu Jul 10 03:40:03 CDT 2003

Le Jeudi 10 Juillet 2003 08:40, Mark Wedel a écrit :

      tchize wrote:

      > Well the problem is that

      > 1 the pic used for smoothing is not dependent on object but on it's face

      > (an animated object will have several smooths, one for each step of

      > animation), so i can't put it in the arc file.

        Why not?  There is no reason you couldn't have multiple smooth lines that

      the collect script pulls out.

K i could put the actual lines in the lib/smooth file in the concerned .arc
files. Gime some time to adapt the script (first is garbled's bug ti fix.)

        Storing it in the arc is only a convenience - the collection of the data

      would just strip it out of the arch.  Basically, the same thing as what

      happens to the animations.

      > 2 I assumed what you call the face file is the .png file (like

      > grass.base.111.png). I can't see a way to put this in the picture

        no, a face file is one with a .face extension.  There aren't a lot of

      them out there - they are basically used when there are png files out there

      that aren't used in an arch (but may be used in maps or other places to

      override the image).

What's the point? I didn't reference my smoothing pictures in any .arc or any
.face file and the collect script did collect them, along with all other
pngs.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com