[CF-Devel] Ice Castle in the Large Forest.

Mon Jul 14 03:09:06 CDT 2003

I'm doing this from the office, where I don't have a copy of my Large
Forest stuff, so some of the script details are from memory.

 --- Andreas Vogl <

     andi.vogl at gmx.net

     > wrote:

      If it's easy for you, maybe you could move the forest upwards a notch.

      That's not terribly important, but I would prefer if there was a small

      space between brittany mountains and the forest. Not much, something

      like 20-30 tiles on average would do.

The current size and placement is almost entirely the result of trying to
automate it with the script.  If my forest makes it into CVS, then I can
throw the script away.  While writing the script, I choose most of the
southern area simply to aviod large straight lines along the edge of the
forest (the script converts whole map files).  Moving the entire thing
would not be easy, since the script just converts existing non forest tiles
(desert, grass, etc) to forest type tiles by changing the arch used.  All
this would be lot clearer if you look at the script, it is not complex.

      OTOH, if you allow me to clear the forest in that area where I need it,

      that'd be just fine as well.

I'm really only interested in the northern half, clear away as much as you
want in the south.  As for me allowing it, didn't know I had that much
power B-).

If no one objects, someone with CVS write access should just run the
script, commit the resulting maps to CVS, and throw away the script.  Then
we can all get on with editing the large forest down to size B-).  I don't
have CVS write access myself, or even a read only account (hint hint).

One possibly usefull change to the script before running it and throwing it
away would be to have some of the grass and tree type tiles not converted
on a random basis.  This would break up the forest a little, giving us
clearings and things.  Or clearings could be added manually afterwards.
The other usefull change would be to remove some southern maps from the
maps that are converted to give you room, but then you will have to
manually unstraighten the long straight forest edges you will get from the
script.

Let me know what happens.

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile