[CF-Devel] Stats adjudication

Tue Jul 29 12:41:47 CDT 2003

      Well I meant more like 12 12 12 12 12 12 12  (this is two points above

      average if natural max is 20 BTW)and get say 5 points to add and I like that

      idea of limited point transfer idea where you can move an additional 10 or

      so existing points around.

      This could give you 15 8 15 16 10 17 9  or  20 16 15 9 12 8 9

Thinking on that, we could also try this...

	- initial 7d12 roll. We can arrange the stats values here (or maybe we leave
them in the order they were rolled since the player can add points later and
this will mostly avoid chars like 18 18 18 18 18 9 1).
		So we would have a total average of 45.5 points here.
		Lets say:  9  2 12  3  6  3 11  (sum 46)
	- apply race/class modifiers
	- give 54 points to spend so we had 99.5 total average, 20 maximum each skill
		Could give us:	19  17  20  10  11  12 11 (sum 100)
		Here we could ask for two or three points in order to let the player
		raise a stat from 19 to 20 so that will be less used (but still 19 is
		pretty good).

My points here are:
	1) don't let the stats be totally made up by the player and be sure to make
them half random half choosen. This way they wont have to worry too much about
rolls cause they can change them later.
	2) give the points after we choose class and race so the player will be
working on the final stats of his char without worrying about later midifiers
beeing applied.

Just a thought :-)
What do you think?
Katia.