race and class faces (Re: [CF-Devel] Stats adjudication)

Tue Jul 29 16:00:56 CDT 2003

I've been giving this some thought too recently, I favor the
race+class approach (c'mon, elf wizard should look different
than elf pirate) but I couldn't yet come up with a technically
viable way of doing this.

Only one I imagined that works (this doesn't mean it's the only
one that exists, just the only one I found yet):

use different archs for classes, so there is a warlock (human),
warlock_elf, warlock_dragon etc class.  The race field is used
to determine if a combination is valid, which is a feature we
don't have currently.  Then the HallOfSelection would probably
need to become more automated, I fear.

(much hoping to see a dragon wizard face...)