[CF-Devel] Stats adjudication

Wed Jul 30 15:08:56 CDT 2003

On 29-Jul-03 Mark Wedel wrote:

        One could just completely smooth the tables, ala AD&Dv3.  If that was done,

      you could remove all stat limits (90 strength?  Fine.)  This would probably

      make

      things a bit more interesting in fact - do you get for that 34 int but only

      26

      pow, or do you go for 30 int and 30 pow?

If we were going to do that, might I suggest we intead go with a modified
version of the moria stats system?

For those not familiar.. Moria uses the 1-18, then 18/1 -> 18/100.  Similar to
strength in adndV2.  I think in moria, a STR potion will buy you an increase of
1 point up to 18, then you get like 5/100 for each one after that, up to around
30, where it slowly goes down to 1:1.  You end up needing like 50-60 potions to
go up to max 18/100.

We could twiddle this a bit.. perhaps make it so you can go from 18/100 -> 19,
and so on, but you need a super strength potion to do so.  Super str potions
would be an alchemically derrived potion only, which could be something like 20
str potions : 1 super potion.

Or you could just record the number of times you drank a regular one after
18/100, and when you've had 20, you suddenly go to 19.  Then after 30 more, you
go to 20, and so on.  So you can get ultra-high stats, it just becomes a more
difficult challenge to do so.

Or, we could make super str potions, and only make them available in some
difficult quest treasure hoards.  So you have to get up to 18/100 with regular
ones, then you have to hunt down the hard to find ones.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS