[CF-Devel] Stats adjudication

Wed Jul 30 18:25:42 CDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Tim Rightnour wrote:

      If we were going to do that, might I suggest we intead go with a modified

      version of the moria stats system?

      For those not familiar.. Moria uses the 1-18, then 18/1 -> 18/100.  Similar to

      strength in adndV2.  I think in moria, a STR potion will buy you an increase of

      1 point up to 18, then you get like 5/100 for each one after that, up to around

      30, where it slowly goes down to 1:1.  You end up needing like 50-60 potions to

      go up to max 18/100.

How does Moria handle items that modify abilities?

For instance, how would a ring of Str+2 effect the character strength
score?

Base STR of 16 becomes 18 (right?)

Base STR of 18 becomes 18/02 or 18/20 or 20?

Just wondering..

- Rick

     leaf at real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com