[CF-Devel] Apply container bug / GTK client question

Sun Jun 1 01:24:50 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hi

       The way to currently close open containers is to hit the 'close'

      button which is between the inventory and look window.

       It has been discussed in the past what the right behaviour is -

      should click on the container actually close it, or should the cloes

      button be used.

      I checked the mailing lists before posting, but couldn't find anything

      on that subject...

      In any case, it isn't a matter of 'close button'. If for instance i

      manually enter, via the command line, 'apply sack', the behaviour is:

      unapplied => applied => opened => applied.

      The only way, via the keyboard, to unapply the sack is to drop it & pick

      it up...

      IMO, the close button should indeed be used to close the container. But

      using the command line should also enable to unapply an item... (i'm

      lazy & don't want to use the mouse to close, and besides even with the

      mouse you can't unapply an item...)

  Would some command like 'close <sack|bag|chest|luggage|whatever>' be
sufficient?  Or maybe some specific flag to apply (apply -c for close or
something)?  Now that I know how you are using the attributes, I am in a better
position to say what might be ways to make a fix that meets your needs.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com