[CF-Devel] more proposals

Sat Jun 14 16:08:23 CDT 2003

I have a couple of things I would like to do sooner than later- I would
like some feed back before I do them however.   I also posted this to
the Forum (

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=67

     ) to ensure
that the debate lasts forever and I get much abuse and criticism.  I
would like to hear opinions and I will consider them and I will bow to
the consideration of other developers on this but I still want to
reserve the right to do these things unless the CEO tells me not to...

1. Change all the wasteland tiles on the Bigworld (check out Mids server
for a bigworld map preview) to unpassable mountains and unpassable snowy
mountains (based on elevation of course). I think this will look nicer
and will in the furute make it more interesting to mountain climb...

2. Extend the Great Highway from Santo Dominion to Darcap to close the
circle.

3. Increase the price of guilds on the bigworld maps to 500 000 diamonds
(less/more? I initially thought 1 million...) and move the Guildhouses
Inc shop to Navar. Add a seperate key system and special rooms for the 3
guild founders as opposed to the general guild members and really
increase the sizes of the guild houses to account for more members. I
really want to do a bunch of stuff with guilds like have a Guild Contest
where guilds can dump precious items (or work monster kills by guilld
into the logger?) to have their banners highest on a wall in the Hall of
Guilds or somehting...but this is a start.

4. Add a bank (modifying Joris' Code with outlets in Navar and Scorn) -
I would like to charge a percent fee (perhaps a variable fee?) for
banking and add two new coins called a Royal worth 20 platinum (actually
100 gold) and an Imperial worth 250 plat (1000 gold) and only available
from the banks as well).

I would like to actually start work on some of these things this weekend...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com