[CF-Devel] proposed treasure lists

Wed Jun 18 04:12:31 CDT 2003

 --- "H. S. Teoh" <

     hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx

     > wrote:

      It'd be neat if each city has an overall bias for/against certain

      classes/races. E.g., Navar officials would dislike magicians, Wolfsburg

      citizens would welcome thieves, etc.. Just a thought. This would be

      reflected in access to buildings, aggressiveness of guards, and shop

      prices, etc.. And perhaps the player can carry a "reputation" arch that

      offsets this bias if the player has done good/bad deeds in that town.

I'm doing something similar in my castle design.  The bias is towards
Elvish worshippers of Lythander, because the Prince is an elf that worships
Lythander.  Once you get on the Princes good side (quest involved), you get
access to the upper floors of certain buildings within the castle.  The
apartments have altars that are pre-consecrated to Lythander, although they
can be re-consecrated.  I hadn't thought of shop discounts, good idea.

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com