[CF-Devel] more proposals

Wed Jun 18 03:59:27 CDT 2003

 --- Rick Tanner <

     leaf at real-time.com

     > wrote:

      I could be misunderstanding something here, but..

      Until we find a way to hinder or prevent people from leaving piles of

      coins in their apartments, I don't see how or why people would want to

      use the bank.

I have a character that is stinking rich (Prince of the castle I mentioned
earlier) and he uses banks to store a large slab of his money.  Why?  The
bank is close to the shops, saves him from carrying large amounts to and
from his apartment, saves him trying to find a new spot all those coins in
his apartments.  You don't want to put too many coins in the one spot, it
becomes hard to pick up an amount you can actually carry.

      The idea of a "credit card" or "check" system that would

      automatically withdraw/deposit currency (so you don't have to carry it

      around all the coins or gems) into your bank account has been dismissed

      because it doesn't fit into the genra of the game.

Banks have been around for a very long time.  They are mostly in the
business of making money from loans, storing money is just a service they
offer so that they have a bigger capital base to make loans from.  If you
add loans to the system, it makes more sense, and you can send big nasty
monsters after defaulters B-).

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com