[CF-Devel] more proposals

Wed Jun 18 22:04:07 CDT 2003

      Banks have been around for a very long time.  They are mostly in the

      business of making money from loans, storing money is just a service they

      offer so that they have a bigger capital base to make loans from.  If you

      add loans to the system, it makes more sense, and you can send big nasty

      monsters after defaulters B-).

I'm not too keen on having systems for loaning money in the game - I think
that would be too hard to manage properly (get a loan, give the money away,
kill the character off...).

 >I hadn't thought of shop discounts, good idea.

As for shop discounts - we should be really careful about this because price
differences are subject to abuse.  Maybe instead of a discount, it would be
better to have a surcharge added to all the shops except the ones favorable
to the player. (for example is there were some sort of citizenship token in
the game, you would pay normal price in your own town, but higher prices
everywhere else...) This would work the same way but be less open to abuse.
Selling value could be way more modified than purchase price since money
spends pretty well anywhere, but merchants are less likely to pay strangers
top dollar for merchandise.  This would also encourage people to stick close
to home to sell large items...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com