[CF-Devel] more proposals

Wed Jun 18 22:04:17 CDT 2003

I'll answer your Python questions on Saturday when I am in a better
position to supply details.

 --- Todd Mitchell <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca

     > wrote:

      Good, one drawback of the auto-generation used to build bigworld was that

      there were no large forests or deserts (just mountain ranges and lakes).

I'll upload it somewhere on Saturday, warts and all.

      This is something that should be fixed over time by mapmakers.  One

      thing, did you backfill in the elevation?  There are a couple automated

      options to do this now and I think that until we can figure out a better

      way to do weather we should try to keep the elevation information as much

      as possible.

The script I wrote to do the conversion simply does a string change on the
arches used in certain maps, all else is left untouched.  By carefully
selecting which substitutions to make and which maps to make them on, I
ended up with a very natural looking large forest.

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com