[CF-Devel] Ice Castle in the Large Forest.

Sun Jun 22 22:09:43 CDT 2003

I'll get around to replying to the others later.  This is my lunch break
now, and I only have time for some quick replies.

 --- Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

     > wrote:

      One might wonder how one is supposed to know that any given item is a

      quest item.  Perhaps we need an unused arc string, like "quest 1" to

      denote quest items, or perhaps they should all go in a single directory.

I agree, something like that would make it a lot easier to avoid using the
things you ate not supposed to use.

      Personally I like having special objects in the arc files, because then I

      only have one directory to troll around to do mass changes to objects.

I created a special object to support the night club in my Ice Castle, you
will find it in the archive I sent.  It really needs to have it's own
picture, but that is beyond my skills.  While I have no objection to it
being used elsewhere, it has to be used very carefully.

It offers a big load of protections against a large variety of things, but
all for good reason.  You see, the night club uses a variety of dangerous
spells to create its lighting effects, and I didn't want to fry my patrons
to a crisp.  That tends to make your night club unpopular B-).

There are two layers of squares around the entrance that should remove the
item, and I did the same around every exit from that map as backup.  So,
the item should never make it out of the night club, or the castle.  It is
still probably open to abuse, so I added a few downsides to help a bit.
Flashing lights, fog machines, loud music, all tend to have bad affects on
people B-).  Not to mention party drugs...

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com