[CF-Devel] Patch for minor bug, and a minor bug

Thu Jun 19 02:10:44 CDT 2003

Kevin C. Rudat wrote:

      As dungeonmaster, if you click on a shop tile, you'll find that shop-type

      items are turning up *inside* the tile. Having spent all that time rolling

      for treasure that no-one can get to seems a waste of memory. ;)

  Memory isn't wasted, as it would get freed when the map is saved out.  It is a
waste of memory while the game is running.

  I applied a fix - a little different than what you had - it just seems that an
'else' was missing.

      Also, as dungeon master, if I 'create gem of flawless beauty', I get two or

      three diamonds, but they have the face of the pretty emerald. 'dump'ing them

      doesn't reveal anything else out of place.

  The problem here is in command_create.  IT finds the right artifact list based
on the type of item.  It even finds the right artifact type (flawless beauty).
what it is not doing is checking the 'allowed' flag. There are many 'flawless
beauty' gem types, so it is matching the emerald, since that is the last one in
the artifacts list.  It just so happens that all the other values are the same
between the diamond flawless beauty and emerald flawless beauty.

  The right fix is to insert a call to legal_artificat_combination() someplace
in the code, and keep looping over if it doesn't match.  I'll leave that to
someone else.

      There's a stranger bug involving diamonds of flawless beauty. When I open

      the pouch described below, the bow of Auriga, waybread of Aelingas and

      rubies come out okay, but the diamonds, emeralds and sapphires of flawless

      beauty all use the diamond face and completely wrong.

  Not sure, but very possible that the python library object creation code has a
similar bug to what I describe above, eg, is not doing close enough matching to
the actual object type.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com