[CF-Devel] Ice Castle in the Large Forest.

Sun Jun 22 02:12:21 CDT 2003

David Seikel wrote:

      As it was an experiment, I dumped most monsters in there so I could see how

      it plays.  I actually have no idea which quests the Dave and Evil Masters

      come from, I haven't been on those quests yet.  I have no objection to

      removing them.  The Daves are way to hard to kill in a big open area like

      an arena, so other than the fact that they have the same name as me, I

      won't miss them B-).  The Evil Masters are also too hard to kill, I will

      miss them even less.

  Well, one could argue that per quest artifact monsters/items really should not
be in the archetypes as is.  Instead, a generic (and probably weaker) version
should be in the default archetypes - one that can be re-used, and the map just
customizes that how it wants.

  To some extent, it is reasonable to expect that if something is in the
archetypes, it is fair game to use however.

      Again, I don't know all the quests, I just started with all of the spells,

      then censored those that I knew should be censored.  Looks like I should

      censor some more, please send me a list.  The big library is only openable

      by the Prince, and he only does that as a reward.  So far, I haven't come

      up with a quest worthy of the reward, so it is basically his own personal

      library.  This is similar to the big secret ring room in Scorn, where only

      the DM can get in.

  Well, the simple test would be that if it won't be randomly generated in a
spellbook, it should be considered a quest spell.  IF it can be found randomly
in a spellbook, then making them all available isn't a big deal.

  However, the new spell code I'm currently working on confuses this some -
there is still a list of spells that will be found in a spellbooks, but one
could now easily customize/create a new spell with just changes of the object
(eg, a huge fireball just requires increasing the 'range' of the spell).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com