[CF-Devel] gtk splash screen

Tue Jun 24 15:12:27 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:49:58PM +0200,

     scachi at gmx.de

      wrote:

      On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:14:12 -0400

      "Todd Mitchell" <

      temitchell at sympatico.ca

      > wrote:

      > the classic ones.)  So long as the classic *player* images suck the whole

      > set sucks...no one wants their character to look bad...

      Are the "Troll-Ninja" and a "Human-Ninja" still the same Image ?

      I don't like to have the same image for different races.

      A draw fighter shouldn't look like a human fighter.

      A warrior with a mithril armour shouldn't look like a warrior with a

      wooden armour.

      Is this just a bandwidth problem ?

     [snip]

Well, that, and the sheer number of combinations of character/class/
armour/weapon. It's just not practical to have a different image for every
possible combination, considering the vast variety of equipment in the
game. Unless the client composites images of armour/weapon, but even then,
that's a LOT of effort to draw a scaled-down version of every
weapon/armor, possibly in several different angles.

If lightning were to ever strike an orchestra, it'd always hit the conductor.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com