[CF-Devel] gtk splash screen

Wed Jun 25 04:22:26 CDT 2003

From: <

     scachi at gmx.de

      Are the "Troll-Ninja" and a "Human-Ninja" still the same Image ?

      I don't like to have the same image for different races.

      A draw fighter shouldn't look like a human fighter.

      A warrior with a mithril armour shouldn't look like a warrior with a

     wooden armour.

      Is this just a bandwidth problem ?

 Bandwith is an issue, there are so many good graphics being drawn and
contributed that the sourceforge servers cannot handle the load......;)
But seriously I would love to see a few good class animations for each race
or at least three sprites for each race - light  (robed, meduim armour and
heavy equipped).  But with 8 images per sprite that's a lot of graphics.
Then double that because I am very interested in maintining the classic set
too since I am a fan of the toon motif.  I am still hoping to get this done
over time but it is on the back burner for now.  Seriously, most of the
player animations have been animated - and that took a little chunk of time
but there is more that needs to be done.
This is a lower priority, but I would also like to see a stone and a gold
graphic for each player sprite, also maybe a deader to make those playing on
a permadeath server more happy when they die ("Which corpse did you say was
yours Jean-Guy? There are twelve piled up here in this hallway...I wonder
what's around this corner?")
Nope the only issue is that there are not enough good sprites...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com