[CF-Devel] Follower of Lythander - to good weapon

Wed Jun 25 15:28:06 CDT 2003

Try a fighter with 30str/con and youll see someone who puts your char to
shame =)
Shouldnt be to hard to get like dam200 and weaponspeed 9.50 or thereabouts
and there are several encounters in the game which are no where near
trivialized by that.
Mind you are lvl108 and basicly as big as your gonna get.

The new spell stacking code i think creates a huge difference between
the different classes, err races, classes dont really matter much.
Although they did kinda ruin the wizard class for me personaly =(

And i can asume that you meant 'of Devourers' and not lythander right?
I do agree that the death attack is really overpowered in most places,
but then again it does nothing at all if your not high enough lvl.
And it not working on weapons with slaying is kinda lousy if you ask me...

Praying to regain mana? Again i will make an asumption that you mean grace
since thats what praying is for. This i to feel is just way to anoying, to
the point in fact that i never use it for anything but support spells like
protection and recall and such.
Mana regen on the other hand isnt bad at all with the proper stuff, I'd
suggest you get your little wizard over to the tower of magi and get
yourself the midnight robe and staff of magi and those. they rock!

And as for armor. I thought the item_power thingy had taken care of that
rather decently? Atleast i found that several highend items no longer
could be enchanter like before, hardly at all even.

  // Magnus Kronhamn

  email:

     mak at solace.mh.se

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003

     scachi at gmx.de

      wrote:

      Hello,

      sorry for the big picture, but I think you will need the informations in it

      and sorry for my english.

      I have played crossfire in a local lan for a very long time

      and realy like this game.

      But I think the weapon/speed/weight/speed/spell/mana/grace/hitpointregeneration/allstufflikethat

      isn't realy balanced well.

      Look at the screenshot from my player and you'll understand.

      walks/hit too fast

      to much armour

      a weapon with to much power <- without "of Lythander" it was okay.

      Players can walk to fast

      I was duelling in the arena with a friend, and we couldn't hit each other,

      because we run to fast. ( Party is still active in the arena and at

      first we couldn't do damage to another because we were in the same

      party).

      Mana regenerates to slow, it is realy stupid to pray on and on

      (cast,cast,cast, pray,pray,pray,pray......,cast,cast,pray,pray...)

      There isn't enough difference between sorcerer warrior and so on.

      I think a player should have a big minus to learned

      skill out of scrolls to make a difference to the

      normal given abilities to the player (more exp needed)

      or/and decrease the max level a character can reach in a skill.

      A character can carry to much weight.

      I don't think it is good that you can carry 6 or more weapons/armors around,

      so you can have the best weapon/armor for each monster you'll meet.

      	Ingo

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com