[CF-Devel] Follower of Lythander - to good weapon

Wed Jun 25 15:56:02 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:34:52PM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 25-Jun-03 Magnus Kronhamn wrote:

      > Praying to regain mana?

      No, sadly that works..  because prayer forces a do_some_living, rapid prayer

      can regenerate you faster than just sitting there.

     [snip]

Ohhhh, right, how did that slip my mind. :-) I always use that method to
regenerate mana in the battlefield: cast redundant protection spells (like
fire/cold, which are already in use) to reduce grace, then pray to "pump"
my mana.

Somebody should clean up the speed code, though... the current code is
very complex, and full of strange conditions. One nasty one is when you're
carrying stuff at maximum capacity, but if you kill a monster in your
path, your speed changes from crawling to weapon speed, which is very
fast. Then there's the recently reported container bug (which I believe
has been fixed?) where doing certain sequences of apply container will
give you a very big speed boost until you next hit something or
equip/unequip something that changes your (weapon) speed.

Music critic: "That's an imitation fugue!"

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com