[CF-Devel] speculations about the floor

Fri Jun 27 02:19:16 CDT 2003

I think I mentioned before, I now agree with your new elevation idea.

      On a side note, it would be neat if the client could automatically run

      the weather command every so often to let people know the temperature and

      stuff is like - perhaps only when the player is outside and with a

     setting

      to turn it off of course...

I seem to remember there is a DM comand to get the current weather for the
tile you are on.  No idea why it is DM only, should fix that first, then a
client could just use the command every so often.

      neat to use race for ground (and for other arches possibly) to indicated

      it belongs to *something*, this something would be of course an other

      object with it's own arch.

Exactly the sort of thing I need for my maps to make a major reduction in
their rather bloated size.  Would have made them a lot easier to build too
B-).  For the same reason, I would go one step further, either allow
belonging to many arches (multiple inheritance B-) ) or allow a chain of
belonging.  After a moments thought, both would be good, but multiple
inheritance would be more usefull to me.

While we are speculating about floors, there are monster movers, and player
movers, but no inanimate object movers.  If we complete the set, I can
finally finish the rotating restuarant in my castle.  Without an inanimate
object mover, the furniture stays still while the patrons move around in
circles.  Then all I have to worry about is getting them all in synch.

     http://mobile.yahoo.com.au

      - Yahoo! Mobile

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com