[CF-Devel] python plugin

Sat Mar 29 02:13:59 CST 2003

Bernd Edler wrote:

      I think that in the configure script

      line 13038:

      for dir in /usr{,local}/include/python{,2.2,2.1,2.0} ; do

      should rather be:

      for dir in /usr{,/local}/include/python{,2.2,2.1,2.0} ; do

      as i assume it wants to look rather in /usr/local than in /usrlocal .

  Yeah, apparantly I fixed that at one point, and somehow managed to unfix that.

      It would also be nice, if the script would look for the python

      libraries in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and not only /usr/lib .

  Probably nicer would be some way to pass the location of these files on the
command line, like you can for the client to find various bits.

I think you could also do something like 'setenv LDFLAGS -L/.../...' and that
would work.

  The python library stuff is a bit of a pain - it is a static library that
includes the version number.  Thus, you can't just check to see if libpython.a
exists in any of the directories - you need to check for any of the various
versions it may be known as.

      On my local server the plugin seems to work stable.

      Is there a technical or a gameplay reason, it is not

      enabled on metalforge?

  I believe the plugin is in fact installed on metalforge. It's just by default,
I don't think anything uses the plugin, and I haven't bothered to do bits to set
up stuff to use it.  My support on that is basically to do cvs updates, see why
it crashses, and to look at player files that seem unusual.  Going in and doing
special customizations is a bit more than I want to get involved with (consider
metalforge a 'reference' implemenation of a crossfire server.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com