[CF-Devel] Some oddities - Mar 3 CVS

Wed Mar 5 23:12:59 CST 2003

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      1) Large money rooms are back...  Some time back a change

         was made that made all the treasure rooms tiny.  After

         finding two such rooms, I ended up with maybe 1500 plat

         worth of money.  Not that I think this is a problem...

         :-) but it makes me think something changed because this

         is the first time in many moons that I got rooms this

         size.  Of course, I haven't been playing that much

         either since I've been drawing pictures and making

         maps.

  Yeah, I'll fix that - the problem is there was no global definition of what
the minimum map size for random maps was - so when I fixed the bug for some maps
being too small, now ranodm maps were made too small, so they automatically get
resized larger.

      2) Random maps... These screen shots show an amulet that I

         picked up in a cave near a generated shop.  It is

         unpaid...  I went back to the cave and stood where I

         found it.  mapinfo is on one of the png's.

         As I was carrying loot back to a store, the store would

         not let me enter because I had an unpaid item in my bag.

  Unable to reproduce it.  My only thought is that the special mini store that
get created would put an object on the same space as the exit map to the store -
probably not a good thing - its possible with that, an amulet was created and
teleported out.

  Its 'normal' that even if you enter a store with unpaid equipment, it will try
to pay for it - the shop maps aren't aware of direction (enter/exit) - whenever
they are used for whatever direction, they try to charge the player.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com