[CF-Devel] attacktype proposal

Thu Mar 20 12:54:10 CST 2003

      > 1) Weapon does damage of all attacktypes it has. Eg, a dam_fire 10,

     dam_physical

      > 10 dam_magic 10 could do 30 points of damage, adjusted by creatures

     resistances.

      >   Thus, you could add something like 'dam_fire 6' to a weapon, which

     gives is

      > some minor fire damage in addition to what it already has.

      I think this would fit in nicely with the dragon race, where the claws

      could have a damage relative to the levels the player spent focused on

     this

      element.

Could be the basis for some neat spells too - to temporary enchant a weapon
to do some type of damage in addition to the regular.
-Roderick the Goodly quickly cast 'flame tongues (dam_fire 6)' on Boromia's
axe.  The axe was consumed in a firey aura.  As Boromia chopped into the ice
creature - it screamed in pain as the flames licked out and consumed it.

You would have to figure out what to do with the damage messages however.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com