[CF-Devel] More Lore

Thu May 1 07:20:21 CDT 2003

Mark W. wrote:

      I still think it would be better to put it in the map header and not as

      objects - just seems easier to do.  Indications are that AV is willing

      to update the java editor to do this.

Yes, I will do this.

What I'd like to do is adding a maplore textfield to the
map properties dialog (that's where all map-header data shows up).

Handling the lore field for arches won't be hard to do either.

I also want to comment on Todd's screenshot:
The lore icon is really nice, and yes one can see it easily.
But think about a 50x50 map where you can't see initially
where the lore is. Then, just imagine you do cut/copy/paste
actions and suddenly the lore is deleted or copied to another
map, or dublicated. Imagine lore moving under the floor due to
fill commands..., or getting lost in a map resize action...

Having maplore in the map header is really better IMO.

      I'd also think to some extent what is within the lore field in

      the map header be opaque, eg, the editor will load it/save it,

      but just treat it as text, and let the user edit it in whatever

      fashion. Thus, having a maplore/endmaplore wouldn't really cost

      anything extra, and provides the extra flexiblity - maybe

      most maps only have one lore/endlore structure, but probably

      easier to allow that extra in case we do wnat to tie other stuff

      to it.

Sure, I agree to that. I will treat it as text in the editor.
That's easy and also avoids troubles when there are changes
in the lore syntax.
Expect it to work like the message field. The editor takes
care of the start/end tags, and the rest is plain text.

Is there already a consens what the start/end tags are
going to be? I assume it stays "lore"/"endlore" for arches.
Now if we agreed on the map-header thing, what would the
tags be there?

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more