[CF-Devel] RE: new red dragon image

Fri May 23 18:49:18 CDT 2003

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      > > The electric, chinese, and bone drakes are very nice images,

      > > even though they strike me as being in the wrong perspective.

      > [...] I use the alternate set images, and they are in a

      > perfectly fine perspective in that context [...]

      Well, exactly, for the base set, they are dead wrong.

Now I'm confused. Which dragons in which image set are
wrong in which context? :-)

I believe the base chinese and base elec dragon are in correct
perspective for the base set. Maybe not perfectly correct but
roughly. The bone drake however is flat which makes it fine for
alternate set and definitly wrong for base set.

      Well.. let me then make a blind proposal on dragons, and lets

      see what people think.  This is just off the top of my head, and

      is no way a set in stone list.

      Lets corraborate on this and tweak it.

      First, lets start with the colors:

      [...]

I fully agree with Mark's description on how to fill up gaps
in the CF monster families. The idea of generally overhauling
dragons goes a little bit too far IMO.
By fundamentally changing the abilities of all dragons,
their difficulty and behaviour will change. This again will
cause an immense number of maps to change in a quite
unpredictable kind of way.

The idea of adding a possibly large bunch of new monsters
with copied, resized or otherwise mediocre graphics also
makes me feel, frankly, a bit uncomfortable.

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more

     http://www.gmx.net