[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 10 13:42:41 CST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 01:26:19PM -0500, Todd Mitchell wrote:
[snip]

      With the way exits work there is currently (practically) infinite space

      for everyone to have their own personal development but there is not

      infinite space on the bigworld maps.

There is still a lot of space left, though. Many, many islands of
significant size that can be put to good use. Of course, if everybody
started claiming different areas as their own territory, then this could
get problematic. I think it'd be good to have designated areas (eg. this
forest is elven region, these mountains are dire wolf/bear regions, etc.)

      Adding features and landscapes and adventures is a good thing (even very

      large features like a great forest or large swamp) during this early

      phase, but carving off your own little kingdom is not IMHO.

     [snip]

On that note, I'm wondering how much of the Great Swamp I should use for
the quest I have in mind. Currently, the Outer Swamp is mostly available
for use. I have no plans for them except for the ruined village and a
small troll region where the Inner Swamp links to the rest of the world.
My current plan is to reserve the Inner Swamp as part of the quest;
however, this is a LARGE area, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to
dedicate all of it to just one quest. I'm not sure how else to do this,
because crossing over to the Inner Swamp is an integral part of the quest.

Any suggestions?

Many open minds should be closed for repairs. -- K5 user

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com