[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 10 22:59:08 CST 2003

  Just a note on moving maps to bigworld -

  I did this with a few, in that these were maps in which there was really just
a little lead in map that lead to the actual entrance (tower of demonology comes
to mind - putting  that big tower on the old small maps would really be out of
scale, but putting it there on the current map is OK).

  But in these cases, the map that was removed really had no part of the
adventure on it.

  But in the case of the dark temple, the outdoor map is quite big, and quite
full of monsters.

  If it was chopped down to a smaller size (and the generators removed), I
wouldn't have much problem with it being put directly on bigworld map.  By
reasonable size, I'm thinking 15x15 at the largest.

  I'm not sure if that would have a big effect on the adventure itself - I have
a feeling not really, in that a lot of that first map is the same creature over
and over again, so if you can kill some of them, you can probably kill all of them.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com