[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 10 23:39:04 CST 2003

On 11-Nov-03 Mark Wedel wrote:

        I'm not sure if that would have a big effect on the adventure itself - I

      have

      a feeling not really, in that a lot of that first map is the same creature

      over

      and over again, so if you can kill some of them, you can probably kill all of

      them.

That area is one of the more popular areas in the game for players to make good
phys exp in.  Given it's popularity, I wouldn't be so quick to hack and slash
the area apart like that.

If you want to make it more realistic.. why not cut the maze up a little.  Take
the temple, surround it with something impassible on the bigworld, and make the
only way in through the forest.  So you basically have on the bigworld:

XfX
XtX
XXX

(f=forest t=temple)

I don't remember off the top of my head, but the temple might be at the center
of that spiral.  If so, just change it so there are multiple entrances, and
they put you in at different points in the outer loop.  The center would exit
you back out to the bigworld.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net