[CF-Devel] New Crossfire commands patch.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 24 17:31:12 CST 2003

I posted recently in a discussion about client scripting that it would be nice
to have more specific versions of apply.  Anyway, I thought I would give it a
try, but on the server side.  One of the best benefits of this is you can
stand on an exit with a corpse over it, and use the go command to enter the
exit without eating the corpse first.
I'm hoping these commands will make the text interface a little more mud like.
Also apply still works as it normally would.

Here are the new commands.  They work like apply, but skip items that don't
match the correct type.

eat -  apply food items
drink - apply drinkable items (booze, potions)
read - apply readable items
enter - apply an exit
go - same as enter
open - open a container (This doesn't open treasure chests yet)
pull - apply lever or trigger
push - same as pull
activate - same as pull
wear - wear somthing that isn't already on (armour,rings etc.)
wield - wield something that isn't alread wielded. (weapons,bows etc.)
unwear - take off something
unwield - stop wielding something
sleep - apply bed to reality

A couple issues.
I wasn't sure if poison should be drinkable or eatable, so it is both.
I also made shields wieldable as well as wearable, but in my next patch I
think they will be just wearable.
I threw this together pretty fast (before work), and there are 2 sections of
if statements that probably should be combined into one "if" statement each,
or even a separate function.  Also, I didn't get a lot of testing in.

If anybody can think of any commands that would be nice let me know.  I've
probably missed a couple item types.

Thanks
Adam Ashenfelter