[CF-Devel] New Crossfire commands patch.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Nov 25 00:22:21 CST 2003

Adam Ashenfelter wrote:

      I posted recently in a discussion about client scripting that it would be nice

      to have more specific versions of apply.  Anyway, I thought I would give it a

      try, but on the server side.  One of the best benefits of this is you can

      stand on an exit with a corpse over it, and use the go command to enter the

      exit without eating the corpse first.

  That's all nice and fine.  But I'll state right now I'm not happy about that
method - get information about the 'right' way to do it, and then go and do it
the method that was not suggested as the way to go.

  Of course it may work.  That isn't really the point.  There is lots of code
out there that may work, but doesn't belong here or there for various reasons.

  so I'll state it again - if you want this functionality, do it in the client.
  I'm not going to bother reviewing the code you attached for those reasons.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com