[CF-Devel] New Crossfire commands patch.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Nov 25 17:48:31 CST 2003

On Tue November 25 2003 1:22 am, Mark Wedel wrote:

        That's all nice and fine.  But I'll state right now I'm not happy about

      that method - get information about the 'right' way to do it, and then go

      and do it the method that was not suggested as the way to go.

I'm unsure how to implement this in the client.  Most of the client commands
seem to be things like save window positions, and bind.  Also, the client
doesn't seem to have a function along the lines of "find_best_match".  All
the proper functions to do this stuff is already in the server, so it seemed
a little difficult/wasteful to do it in the client.  Besides, it was simpler
to do it in the server, thats probably why I figured out how to do it.

       Of course it may work.  That isn't really the point.  There is lots of code

     out there that may work, but doesn't belong here or there for various

     reasons.

Anyway, it works for me. I cleaned up the code a little more, and figured out
how to use diff -c in cvs, so if anybody is interested, the code is attached.

Thanks
Adam Ashenfelter