[CF-Devel] Floors / walls and archetypes

Wed Oct 1 10:11:08 CDT 2003

       But that will also get blurred that if in the future, more refinement

      on movement types are added (Eg, no walk, no fly, no spell, etc through

      spaces). Something like the swall, while blocking fly/walk, should

      perhaps allow spells, eg, burning hands through it would make sense.

My favorite enhancement (number one with a bullet) would be to get these
movement types working.  For pure play enhancement this is probably the
most bang you can get for your buck and eyeballing it it doesn't seem to
be a real hard change to make (I could almost do a poor mans
implementation myself...)  If we could leave the no_pass flag alone and
do some sort of thing where we recycle can_pass_thru (is not used right
now is it?) as a bitmask to indicate which movement types can pass
through objects then set up some movement flags to check against when
movement happens.
This will really open up ranged combat, allow for some terrain
advantages and enable the creation of some really neat maps (archers in
turrets, bridges and moats, pirate boarding parties, being able to keep
some distance between a monster and your character, being able to keep
some space between the player and your goblin bowmen...)
Please consider this - it's nice to have things like support for neon
penguins but I would love some real play enhancement too.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com