[CF-Devel] Idea: Resting

Wed Oct 1 06:08:15 CDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 01-Oct-03 Mark Wedel wrote:

      >   Thoughts?  It wouldn't seem like this should be that hard to code in.

      If you plan to rest, there should be a difference between sleep and rest.  Rest

      is not standing.  Sleep is actual sleep.

Sleep and rest? C'mon, it's actually a game not a reality simulator.
Let's not forget that this game is very deadly, one can die in a blink
of an eye. The being blind thing is good enough. (Though I wonder... No, I
_hope_ x-ray would still work while sleeping :-)

      The distinction really being, you would be incredibly vulnerable when asleep.

      Ie, you get NO armour/ac/dexterity bonuses, and your opponent allways hits.

Ok, maybe the ac neglection is fair. (But not the armor! A dragon has a
natural armor of 73 at lvl 110. Why shouldn't he have it while sleeping?
Anyway, monsters are usually stupid, and don't know where to hit. I mean,
they do know where to hit, but they don't know where not to hit.) Oh yes.
And ac is completely useless anyway :-D

      ---

      Tim Rightnour <

      root at garbled.net