[CF-Devel] Forgotten child

Thu Oct 2 12:03:44 CDT 2003

      I'd like to ask some questions, for I really want to see clear:

      -Should we expect a fix of metalforge server (fix means correcting things

      with the clients, fixing xp-lvl bugs...) in the next few weeks...? Or

      months? Or will it be as it is currently until it's wiped out and the new

      server starts (with the new skill system)?

First, you should check the CF message board, this has been discussed a lot
already there.
URL is crossfire.metalforge.net
Also, many people don't have troubles... I'm playing on Metalforge, and it's
fine for me. Using GTK client under Windows, only trouble is image cache, and
it's easily fixed.
Yes many people have troubles, but it's more a client issue than a server one imo.

      -Will there be an opportunity to carry on our current characters on the

      new skill system-based server? (As I mentioned an idea which I don't

      know if it's a real possibility.)

I think there is currently no conversion script from 'old' skills system to new one.

The high level xp trouble I think some admins fixed manually for players, but I
may be wrong here.

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com