[CF-Devel] DM Mode & non-peaceful quirk

Mon Oct 6 01:20:49 CDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Rick Tanner wrote:

      > I noticed on Metalforge today that a player turned off peaceful so they

      > could attack another player.

      > As the DM, I went to summon this person into jail, but as they tried to

      > step off the teleporter they would always walk into (attack) the DM and

      > die.

Sidenote: Something like this happened to me as well in the Arena.
(Simply standing and doing nothing I can kill low level characters who
simply run into me. Sounds strange, tho this char worships Ruggilli, so it
may have been immolation, but it happened in all of a sudden and the
death/kill message doesn't show the cause as immolation, and it's true
mice and kobolds live longer against it. So I think it was not immolation.
Thought I mention that, maybe something's wrong with this peacefull/not
peacefull thing.

      > I'm not sure how to prevent or avoid this, was it an error on my side or

      > is this a server/coding issue?

        Catching up on old messages.

        It seems proper to me that non peaceful players would attack anything,

      including the DM.  Perhaps something so that players don't attack dm's would be

      in order?

        What's a little confusing is why he would die.  Unless the dm tried to step

      into the player, I can't really see why attacking the dm he would take damage.

      In fact, looking at the code, it appears there is specific case of 'if target is

      dm, they never take damage'.

        Is there any mention of what killed the player?

        OTOH, arguably this isn't terrible in this particular case (I don't feel too

      sorry if a pk'er gets killed).  But I could see other situations where dm

      summons someone, and you don't want them to die.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com