[CF-Devel] Bugs on crossfire.metalforge

Tue Oct 14 00:51:27 CDT 2003

Jochen Suckfuell wrote:

      Hi!

      These are some bugs I noticed while playing on the new

      crossfire.metalforge server:

      - I cannot use or ready the woodsman skill that I learned from a scroll,

      although 'skills says I have it. ("Unable to find the skill

      woodsman"/"You have no knowledge of the skill woodsman")

  Unable to reproduce that.  Note that skills command doesn't mean you can use
the skill.  skills shows skills that you somehow know.  For example, lockpicking
is a skill you can gain exp in and the like, and thus show up in 'skills', but
not something you can use with a tool.

  Perhaps the correct method is to display a * or somethign for skills that you
need tools to use (eg, don't know natively).

      - The server crashes when I kill a grimreaper. I tried fire and holy

      word, but didn't dare to get too close, so this might need further

      investigation.

  Fixed.

      - I dropped some spellbooks in my Permanent Apartment in Scorn, but

      didn't go to sleep yet. I typed 'save several times while playing, then

      came back to my apartment, and suddenly the books had turned into spell

      and prayer books of the same type, but all different spells. This is

      annoying, since they were books of higher level spells that I wanted to

      learn later. I wonder if I can get other rare books that way?

  Should now be fixed.  In theory, you could get any spell tha would normally
show up in that type of spellbook (eg, you couldn't get special quest spells).
The problem was that it was re-generating the treasure each time the map got
loaded.  This was actually true for any item that had randomitems in the apartment.

      My character is Jagol, a dwarven wizard.

      Other notes:

      I find it very hard to get sorcerer exp, since the only damaging spells

      that I found below level 7 are sparks shower, magic missile and magic

      bullet; they are all level 1, and it's very tedious to reach lvl 7 that

      way. I think we need more spells to fill the gap here.

      Getting summoner exp is also difficult. I tried the pet monsters in a

      room full of mice: But after a while, the pets didn't attack the mice

      any more, although they were surrounded by mice. Is this intended

      behaviour?

  The number of spell schools perhaps needs to be reduced down to two, simply as
splitting into 4 may have been doo many.

  The pet monsters should still keep attacking the mice - don't know why they
would stop.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com