[CF-Devel] Bugs on crossfire.metalforge

Tue Oct 14 16:12:34 CDT 2003

      Other notes:

      I find it very hard to get sorcerer exp, since the only damaging spells

      that I found below level 7 are sparks shower, magic missile and magic

      bullet; they are all level 1, and it's very tedious to reach lvl 7 that

      way. I think we need more spells to fill the gap here.

       The number of spell schools perhaps needs to be reduced down to two,

      simply as splitting into 4 may have been doo many.

Three is a good number if possible.  Three is better than two IMHO even
if that requires a few new spells to be added.  With three you can have
a dynamic.  What is the model to be used?  I was not a big fan of the
pyromancer school - certainly these can be redistributed to the other
classes.  I think it would be alright to have Evokers, Summoners and
Sorcerers however - we should be able to make that work.  Evokers play
with the basic magic forces, summoners call forth things to serve them
and Sorcers have the more tricky/ sorts of magic. Maybe Evokers could
get the ranged attacks from Pyromancer while summoners could get the
wall spells (or perhaps do it the other way around for play reasons...)
I have some graphics for a negabolt and negative energy sphere which
could serve as a basis for some more sorcerer spells, also things like
magic missile can be toned up to give sorcerers more attack power (and
therefore more xp gain)

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com