[CF-Devel] Pickup behaviour & ideas

Tue Oct 21 01:54:08 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      It seems pickup modes don't care about paid/unpaid status.

      So pickup 4 in a shop will pick everything...

      The only things that checks unpaid are pickup by density and newpickup

      mode.

      Some people think this should be fixed so you don't pickup unpaid items.

      What do you think?

      Also, I'd like to improve newpickup.

      Basically, be able to do:

          pickup +bow

          pickup -weapon

      instead of having to compute those powers of 2 and add & mess around...

      Would also make it easier for client (for instance gtk) to change pickup

      based on menus, without having to guess what the player is using. (just

      a wrapper for pickup +bow and such)

  There is already a menu within the gtk client for the new pickup modes.

  I certainly wouldn't see it having a bit more fined grained control.  I
remember there was some case where I wanted to differentiate, but don't remember
what it is now.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com